He’s certainly no stranger.
Callum Robinson is a Baggie once more, and this time, it’s for good.
The Republic of Ireland international has penned a five-year deal at The Hawthorns having initially impressed on loan during last season’s promotion-winning campaign.
You’ll all know the basics, so we thought we’d throw a few obscure facts at you about our new number seven. Enjoy!
1. Despite representing the Republic of Ireland, Callum has worked with the England national team’s striker coach Allan Russell previously on Soccer AM’s television segment, “The Specialist.”
2. Robinson represented England at Under-16 level all the way up to the Under-20 age group before eventually choosing to play for the Republic of Ireland in March 2018. He qualifies to play for Ireland through his grandmother.
3. Barring Sheffield United and his country, Robbo has a soft spot for having the number seven on his back. He’s sported the No.37 at Aston Villa, Preston, as well as the single digit at the latter before opting for 47 while with the Baggies last term.
4. Callum loves a goal against Bristol City and has been directly involved in nine goals during all nine meetings he’s had with them, scoring six and setting up three goals. He bagged for the Baggies against Bristol City last season.
5. If you didn’t know already, Callum led the celebrations in the dressing room on the night we were promoted to the Premier League. Dancing, singing, chanting. The lot.
6. Robinson’s first Premier League goal came away at Stamford Bridge. The forward scored in Sheffield United’s 2-2 draw with Chelsea in August, 2019.
7. The forward became Sheffield United’s record signing when he arrived in south Yorkshire last summer.