Is this your first time at the Albion? Well, you’re very welcome and we hope you have a brilliant day with us. Here, we’ve pulled together some tips to tell you a bit about a matchday at The Hawthorns.
If you still have unanswered questions feel free to reach out to us:
Call 0121 524 3470 or click here to contact us.
Choosing your seat at The Hawthorns
There are four stands available to Albion supporters at The Hawthorns, here's some information on each to help you choose where you'd like to sit.
The West Stand is traditionally our family stand and is where the players emerge from the tunnel and the team dugouts are located.
The Smethwick End is shared with the away supporters and often sells out to home supporters. It is located behind the goal and always has a lively atmosphere.
The East Stand is our largest stand on the far touchline with excellent views of the whole pitch.
The Birmingham Road is located behind the goal and close to the pitch.
If you purchase your ticket online you can see the view from each available seat before you purchase, here.
As a Club, we pride ourselves on having excellent disabled friendly facilities and accessibility. If you, or someone in your party has a disability, you can find further useful information by clicking here.
You can also receive helpful advice from our Ticket Office and the Disabled Supporter Liaison Officer. Call 0121 227 2227 or click here to contact us and select Disabled Access in the query dropdown.
Getting help on a matchday
Our staff strive to deliver the best service to all supporters on a matchday and will be happy to help with any enquiries or issues that may arise. You can always approach the nearest steward in and around The Hawthorns but our shop, kiosk and ticketing staff can also provide assistance.
Similarly, if you require First Aid, alert a steward or staff member who will get you the help you need.
How to get here
The Hawthorns benefits from having excellent transport links by road, rail and tram.
The Hawthorns Train and Metro Station is around a 5 minute walk from the Stadium and offers train and tram access.
If you want to travel by bus, the number 74 bus (operated by Network West Midlands) leaves from Birmingham City Centre every 10 minutes and has a stop right at the stadium. The total journey time is around 24 minutes.
If you choose to drive to the match we are just a couple of minutes away from Junction 1 of the M5. If you require parking, there are lots of car parks in the vicinity offering matchday parking operated by private companies for a small charge.
Making the most of your matchday
We want you to have a truly enjoyable time at The Hawthorns (no matter what the final score is) so here are our top tips to make the most of your matchday:
- Show your colours! Our Stadium Megastore is open from 9am on matchday and you can pick up a shirt, scarf, flag… you name it. If you want to look the part before you arrive, visit our online store.
- Grab one of our famous Balti pies or something else that takes your fancy. Our kiosks, located in every stand, serve a wide range of food and drink to suit any dietary requirements
- Take lots of photos to remember your visit! Outside of the stadium we have many interesting sites, the famous Astle gates and the Tony Brown statue outside of the main entrance. Inside the stadium we have many murals and decorated walls bearing Albion’s proud history. Share any photos you take with us on social media using #AlbionFamily
- Baggie Bird is most commonly spotted in the stadium. Starting at the West Stand from around 2.30pm, he makes his way around the stadium to greet our supporters young and old so grab a selfie with him or give him a wave as he passes
- The players on-pitch warm up begins around 45 minutes before kick-off with the team news arriving around about the same time - something you won’t want to miss!
- The final 15 minutes before kick-off are arguably the loudest and where you’ll get a true taste of the Albion atmosphere. So take your seat as the music, the drums, the screens and the players whip you into a frenzy!
A day out with the family
By now you should know a little more about The Hawthorns, the facilities we have and getting here. You may have heard about the Albion Family, the Club prides itself on having a real family feel.
You could also feature on our pre-match social media wall by tweeting us using #WBA or #AlbionFamily.
Perhaps you want to make your matchday even more special?
If you'd like to share a message on the big screen email your request to email@example.com. There is no charge to feature your message but places are filled quickly so please give as much notice as you can for your request.
Or give your Junior Baggies a memory to last a lifetime as one of our matchday mascots.
If you still have some questions about bringing your family to The Hawthorns, get in touch with us:
Call 0121 524 3470 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in touch with us
We’d love to see any snaps you take of your matchday with us! Share them on social media using #AlbionFamily.
If you would like to receive club news in your inbox, sign up so we can keep in touch with you. Make sure you also give our social media channels a follow:
Official Twitter Account: @WBA
Retail Twitter Account: @WBAShop
Junior Twitter Account: @JuniorBaggies
Foundation Facebook Account: Facebook.com/WestBromwichAlbionOfficial
Official Instagram Account: @WBA
Visit us again soon!
We hope you have an amazing matchday with us and we're already looking forward to seeing you again.
You can also come back and have a look behind-the-scenes on one of our stadium tours. Your tour guide will tell you Club stories you won’t hear anywhere else and walk you through our history and areas normally closed to supporters. Book a tour here.