Security a team effort
Three points isn't the only priority on game day. Making sure everyone goes home safe is the most important result.
West Bromwich Albion work closely with the police and the Premier League to constantly review security at The Hawthorns. We ask supporters to play their part in helping us keep the stadium safe.
Amid the rise of terrorist attacks in recent years, club officials have been briefed by counter terrorism police. It is vital that everyone - players, staff and supporters - remains vigilant and reports any concerns to stewards or police.
Attacks might be rare, and the chance of you being caught up in one unlikely, but the message is #ActionCountersTerrorism.
Here's a quick reminder of what you can do to help keep yourself and others safe:
- Arrive early, allowing more time for security checks.
- Minimise what you carry, fewer bag searches will speed up entry to the ground.
- We ask for your co-operation to assist with searches if required.
- Be vigilant at all times and if you see anything suspicious, tell a steward right away.
- If you see anything that could pose an immediate threat to safety, call 999.
- In an emergency, listen to the Public Address instructions and follow them.
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately, do not wait around to film events on your mobile.
- Move right away from the stadium as quickly as possible for your safety and to allow clear access for any emergency vehicles.
- Once you are safe, follow the local police force on Twitter for updates.