Are you passionate about a career in the football industry? If so, come and study with The Albion Foundation in September 2022.
The Albion Foundation’s two-year Foundation Degree programme is a course designed for individuals wanting to attain a university qualification and are passionate about pursuing a career in the sports industry.
Students will be able to develop the necessary skills, qualities and characteristics that are required to work within professional football club community departments or national governing bodies. Delivered in partnership with the University of South Wales, all lectures, seminars and tutorials are delivered in a supportive and inspirational club environment via online material.
Alongside the academic element of the course, students will complete up to 200 hours of voluntary coaching within the community, alongside the highly skilled and professional staff, allowing the students to embed and develop their coaching skills learnt within lectures.
Through the Foundation’s partnership with the University of South Wales, all students will be enrolled as a student at the university. Students will be able to access the university’s online library, blackboard and learning materials, providing them with the best possible learning platform to be successful.
Students have the opportunity to complete a Top-up (3rd) year and attain a BSc (Bachelors) degree in Football Coaching, Development and Administration.
Academic Qualification: Foundation Degree in Community Football Coaching and Development
FA Level 2 Football Award in Coaching
Year 1 Modules:
- Academic Research and Study Skills
- Football Event Management
- Introduction to Sports Development
- Introduction to Sports Science for Football
- Football Coaching Theory to Practice
- Technical Planning & Reflective Practice in Football
Year 2 Modules:
- Football in Society
- Youth Football Coaching
- PE and School Sport
- Sports Placement
- Project Operations Management
Year 3 (Top-up)
- Applied Professional Project
- Business of Football
- Critical Issues in Sports Coaching & Leadership
- Strategic Sports Development
- Community Football Coaching: Theory to Practice
Costs: £8,000 per academic year; however, this cost is covered by student finance.
Start Date: August/September 2022
Prerequisites to Apply:
- A minimum of 160 UCAS points
- Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Three A*-C grades at GCSE, including English and maths