Friday night Fish & Chip night doesn't need to be unhealthy! Follow this recipe for a healthy version of this British favourite.
- 400g baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 white fish fillets, such as cod, haddock, hoki or pollock
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, seasoned
- 1 egg beaten
- 140g frozen peas with mint
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Heat oven to 200C / fan-assisted oven 180C / Gas mark 4
- Peel and chop the potatoes into thick chips then toss with the olive oil and some salt. Arrange on a marge non-stick baking tray and roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway
- Lightly toast the bread and then pulse briefly in a food processor for coarse breadcrumbs. Dust the fish in flour, shaking off the excess, then dip into the egg, then breadcrumbs to coat thoroughly.
- Roast the fish with the chips for a further 20 minutes until both are golden brown. Just before the fish and chips are ready boil the peas for 3-4 minutes and then drain and mash. Stir in the creme fraiche and season.