We want to work in partnership with schools, education authorities and wider agencies to provide places for disadvantaged young people that would benefit from a smaller setting and are struggling to access mainstream education.
Our aim is to reduce primary exclusions, allowing pupils to be referred who are at greatest risk of exclusion. Our aim would always be to re-integrate pupils back into mainstream school or other alternative education. We provide a flexible approach in response to each child’s individual needs.
The Regis Academy can provide part- or full-time education for primary pupils from Year 3 to Year 6 for a minimum of 6 weeks. Our school can provide places for up to 25 children
As an Ofsted registered Independent School pupils can be dual registered or maintained on the Regis Academy roll. Attendance, targets and progress will be monitored. Termly reports will be completed for the referring partner and parent/carers.
The Aims of the School
- To create an environment in which all children can experience success and thereby build self- confidence and self – belief
- To develop the all-round potential of the children through the vehicle of a rich, broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum.
- To develop in children a positive attitude towards education as a continuing process
- To develop children’s growth mindset and ability to embrace a challenge
- The development of a stimulating environment which is organised, secure, structured and purposeful.
- To prepare children for the demands of a rapidly changing society.
- To provide for children's physical development
- To recognise the importance of communication with parents and school support agencies.
- To develop in children an awareness, understanding and tolerance of our own and other cultures, religions, races and ways of life.
- To develop skills of communication in which the children are free to express themselves, encouraged to respect the views of others within their group, and ultimately society in general.
- To develop skills in resilience and independence
- To encourage children to make the right decisions and be aware of consequences
- To challenge every child to be the best they possibly can.
We believe that every young person deserves a chance of accessing education. We want them to be part of our family.