Represent your school, Score green goals, Play for the planet!
The most impactful action a school can take for the planet, is to engage and inspire it’s pupils and community.
Kicking off on Monday 10th January 2022, schools across the UK will be battling it out to be the greenest school and crowned champions of Planet Super League’s first ever, Schools vs Climate Change competition.
Schools vs. Climate Change is a national schools competition, to raise awareness of climate action, whilst having fun and scoring green goals. The aim of the competition is to educate pupils and their families to reduce their carbon footprint, as they represent their school and compete to be the Schools vs. Climate Change champions. Planet Super League work with more than 50 professional football clubs, including The Albion Foundation to promote climate action in a fun, competitive way.
There are over 100 activities to choose from on the Planet Super League website, that can be completed as an individual, as a class or at home, these include:
- Youth Voice - encouraging pupils to have their say on climate action.
- Meat free meals - Visit the PSL kitchen for recipe ideas.
- Leg Power - Encouraging active travel to school.
Every activity completed will score green goals and help your school climb the league table.
When is the Schools v Climate Change competition?
Monday 10th January 2022 - Sunday 20th February 2022 (6 weeks)
How does my school get involved?
- Visit planetsuperleague.com/schools
- Download the Letter to Parents template, Assembly, Guidance and Classroom packs free of charge to use as you wish
- Promote the opportunity to children and staff through an assembly and encourage them to sign up at home for free
- Complete activities in school as often as you like
- Encourage children to score more goals with their families at home as often as they like
- Watch your school climb the league table and see the impact you are having
- Optional delivery of classroom activities to add value to learning and score more goals