West Bromwich Albion FC have opportunities which have arisen within the Academy Department for part time coaching staff. An exciting opportunity to join an EPPP Category 1 Academy.
We are looking to recruit part time coaches to work within our Foundation Phase (U9s-U11s) and Youth Development Phase (U12-U14s).
Working under the Head of Coaching and Academy Manager you will be expected to:
- To assist with the development programme for FP/YDP age group.
- To prepare, coach, manage and debrief the age group team for their games programme.
- To plan, prepare, organize, manage and evaluate all training sessions for the age group.
- To liaise with the Head of Recruitment in the management of trialists.
- To deliver parents/player feedback evenings and information meetings where necessary.
- To assist with analysis staff to ensure that recordings of games and HUDL feedback sessions take place on a regular/ age group appropriate basis.
- To liaise with medical staff in the management of injuries.
- To work in conjunction with the Sports Science department to ensure Sports Science testing takes place regularly.
- To attend In Service CPD Training as and when required.
- To maintain and update the Performance Management Application (PMA)
- To update the Players Performance Clock and hold review meetings at appropriate times.
- To manage Individual Player Programmes and Reviews working with the multi-disciplinary team.
- To ensure the Academy Performance Plan underpins the work of the department.
- To complete all tasks related to Coach Competency Framework.
Our ideal candidate for the role will:
- Hold the UEFA B Coaching Award(Level 3).
- Hold the FA Youth Award (Modules 1,2 & 3).
- Have experience in a professional football club environment working with Academy players.
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as well as excellent organisation skills.
- Have experience of using a variety of computer software packages would be desirable including the Performance Management Application (PMA).
- Hold a full driving licence and have use of a vehicle.
- Hold a BFAS (Basic First Aid for Sport) qualification or have a willingness to complete within 6 months.
- Applicants will be subject to meeting all requirements of our Children’s Safeguarding Policy and the role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Hold a UEFA A Licence (Level 4).
- Have completed the FA Advanced Youth Award.
If you would like to be part of a committed and dedicated team please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com clearly stating which phase (Foundation/Youth) that you would like to be considered for.
West Bromwich Albion is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing date for applications 13th August.