Match Reports

QPR 2-2 Albion

Erik Pieters in action, in red and blue away colours.

Albion drew 2-2 with QPR at Loftus Road on Wednesday evening.

In a crazy first-half, Rangers led through Sam Field’s early goal, but stunning efforts by Mikey Johnston and Grady Diangana turned the game around.

However, Field proved to be the thorn in the Baggies’ side - netting another seven minutes from time to ensure the spoils were shared.

Carlos Corberán’s men are on the road again this Sunday, when they face a trip to Huddersfield.

Mikey Johnston in action.

The boss was forced into one change as the injured Conor Townsend made way for Adam Reach.

At an emotional Loftus Road, where they paid tribute to legend Stanley Bowles following his sad passing, QPR grabbed the opening goal inside 17 minutes via Field’s close-range tap-in.

Yet Albion struck back almost instantly - and it was courtesy of another Johnston cracker. The winger cut inside on the left, beat a few Rangers defenders and smashed a wonderful finish home off the post.

Mikey Johnston in action.

And two minutes later they were ahead. Tom Fellows found Diangana in the box, and the attacker unleashed a powerful shot to beat Asmir Begovic, notching his second in as many matches.

Grady Diangana.

Michael Frey headed a good chance wide just before half-time with the hosts pushing forward, however the Baggies held onto their slender advantage come the interval.

QPR’s pressure continued straight after the restart, though, and they had a great opportunity to equalise from the penalty spot - yet Palmer was on hand to deny Frey’s spot-kick.

Darnell Furlong in action against QPR.

Cedric Kipre then cleared a Field header off the line during a particularly tough spell where Albion showed some serious resilience.

Corberán decided to turn to his bench and re-enforce the defence, introducing Semi Ajayi and Pipa.

But QPR continued their attacks and even saw a 70th-minute goal ruled out - Frey scoring only for the referee to blow his whistle and indicate a foul in the build-up.

You began to sense it would be the Baggies’ day, but it wasn't to be for Corberán's resolute charges with Field heading home his second goal of the game after some pinball in the Albion area.

There was yet time for more Baggies heroics before the day was out, with Darnell Furlong denying the hosts with a superb goalline clearance from Steve Cook's acrobatic overhead kick.

Each side pushed for a winner, but neither could find one and they had to settle for a point a piece.

Albion: Palmer; Furlong, Kipre, Pieters, Reach (Pipa 60); Yokuslu (Chalobah 79), Mowatt; Fellows (Ajayi 54), Diangana (Weimann 79), Johnston (Swift 79); Wallace.

Substitutes: Griffiths, M’Vila, Malcolm, Marshall.