Do you have a spare room and would like to become part of the Albion family? Do you live close to or within the WS5 or B43 postcode?
We rely on our network of excellent host families to help us to care for our academy players during the season. We are looking for additional families within the area to add to our host family network. This is an opportunity for you to make a difference and work within the Albion family.
Hosting a young player can be very rewarding and fun, and provides a valuable extra income for you and your family.
We follow a strict Safer Recruitment Policy and Process for all host families. Successful families will be required to:-
- Applicants must provide original identification documents to prove who they are and permission to work in the UK documents where appropriate
- Enhanced DBS checks are required for anyone within the home who are 16 years and over. West Bromwich Albion takes responsibility for these and will administer the process
- Applicants must be suitable to work with children and must not be disqualified from working with children, or subject to any sanctions imposed by a regulatory body
- We conduct an initial house inspection to confirm an applicant's suitability for the role and suitability to work with children
- Revisits - to ensure that the facilities being offered are of the same standards as per the initial inspection report, we conduct an annual inspection to ensure that there are no new circumstances in the house that need to be reviewed (for example members of the family who have turned 16 years old and need a DBS check, new pets or new rooms which have been built), and that the home remains suitable for hosting West Bromwich Albion's players
- Spot Checks – the club conducts random spot checks on our host families.
- Care Plans – the club conducts a Care Plan welfare feedback report with players and host families when a stay has been completed
If you feel you are able to offer a West Bromwich Albion Academy player a suitable family environment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org