West Bromwich Albion Football Club is recruiting for a Training Ground Sous Chef.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to work alongside the Head Chef and Nutritionist to provide all food production for the first-team, the Under-23s, Junior teams, Academy and Staff.
You will assist in the development of innovative, nutritious and delicious menus to promote performance in training, recovery and Performance on game day.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally from a minimum 2 rosette background.
- Be calm under pressure.
- Be adaptable and want to learn.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- To be fully flexible with working days and hours, including evenings and weekends where required, this may include travel to away games
- Minimum 1 years Sous Chef experience of high end catering.
- Ideally have an interest in sports and nutrition.
- Be qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Have a real passion for good, seasonal food.
- To work alongside the Head chef to produce the very best quality food in a performance environment.
- To assist the Head Chef in all areas of planning for menus, to keep up to date with current trends and nutrition.
- To fully deputise in the Head Chefs absence and report directly to the Clubs Executive Chef where needed.
- To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are kept in all areas of the kitchen. Knowledge of current HACCP guidelines are a must.
- To ensure all casual and junior staff work in line with company standards and Head Chefs direction.
- To travel to away matches and where needed stay away with the players to ensure correct nutrition is delivered and the players are fed well on the journey.
- To ensure budgets are adhered to and that waste is kept to a minimum.
- To feed the players post-match at the stadium.
We offer a delightful working environment in a very privileged atmosphere and competitive remuneration.
This is a high profile role which requires a level head and dedication. You will get to work in the arena of elite performance and athleticism, the fuel we provide drives the team forward.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining why you are suited for the role to email@example.com with the subject reference: WBATG Sous Chef.
This role is conditional upon two satisfactory references.
The closing date to apply for this role is 11th August 2019.