Numbers are crunched before Wednesday’s clash
A quick look at the facts and figures ahead of Wednesday night's Premier League clash with Swansea City.
- Albion have won just three of the last 10 Premier League meetings with Swansea City. The Swans have tasted victory in six of the games, with just the one draw.
- Swansea have scored in nine of their last ten Premier League games with Albion. The one time they failed to score was their 2-0 defeat at The Hawthorns in February 2015.
- Salomon Rondon scored an injury time equaliser the last time the two sides locked horns back in February. Swans midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson had earlier opened the scoring at The Hawthorns.
- The first meeting between the two teams was in the old Division Two back in 1927. Albion won the game 5-2.
- There hasn’t been a goalless draw in this fixture since August 2000, a run of 14 games.
Brown Ideye scored the last time Albion beat Swansea in the Premier League
- A win over the Swans would see the Baggies record three successive victories at home in the Premier League for the first time since March 2015.
- Defeat at Chelsea on Sunday lunchtime was Albion’s first in five Premier League matches.
- Tony Pulis will be forced into making a change to his starting XI for the clash against the Swans due to Craig Dawson’s suspension. The Baggies head coach had named an unchanged team in the five most recent matches.
- Albion have conceded just five goals from set pieces. Only Chelsea and Manchester City have conceded fewer (four).
- Ben Foster has played 1,350 minutes of Premier League football this season. That’s more than any other player in the Albion team.
Ben Foster has played every minute of the 2016/17 Premier League season so far
- Swansea had just six points from their opening 12 Premier League matches, but they have taken as many points from their three most recent games thanks to home victories over Crystal Palace and Sunderland.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has been involved in eight goals in his last eight Premier League appearances (four goals and four assists). The Iceland international has been involved in 47% of Swansea’s league goals in 2016 (14 goals and seven assists).
- The Swans have conceded 12 goals in four league games away from home under Bob Bradley. The American’s side lost 5-0 at Spurs in their most recent fixture on the road.
- Swansea have picked up just one point from their last six away matches.
- Fernando Llorente has scored four goals in his last three Premier League appearances.