The Albion Foundation has partnered with University of South Wales for an exciting Foundation Degree.
The Community Football Coaching and Development Degree is a full-time, two-year course accredited by the English Football League Trust (EFL Trust) and FA Wales Trust (FAW Trust) which will start in September 2019.
First year learning modules:
- Football Event Management
- Academic Research and Professional Skills
- Introduction to Sport Development
- Introduction to Sport Science
- Football Coaching Theory to Practice
- Technical Planning and Reflecting Practice in Football
Second year learning modules:
- Increased Theory Based Around Football in Society
- Project Operations Management
- Youth Football Coaching
- PE and School Sport
- Sport placement
- 200 hours of coaching/work based learning
- Level Two in Football Coaching
Entry requirements, one of:
- DD, including at least one A Level in science, maths, PE or psychology
- BTEC – MM in a relevant subject
- IB diploma
- HE diploma
Please note - applicants must also have a Level One in Football Coaching before beginning the course in September, along with a minimum of three GCSE's.
The course will involve 12 hours of theory a week, based around online lectures and interactive workshops, utilising the USW platforms.
Students will also be able to put their learning into practice through practical sessions, observing classes and team teaching with the Foundation's community coaches.
Online teaching and learning support will be delivered by lecturers of an outstanding UEFA coach education background, along with exceptional teaching qualifications.
Students will be immersed in the sporting environment, working within The Albion Foundation facilities or The Hawthorns, home to West Bromwich Albion Football Club.
With a few visits to USW annually, the course is perfect for local young people who are looking to further their education experience whilst remaining in the West Midlands.
An information evening will be held at The Hawthorns on Monday, April 15 from 7:00pm.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.