ALBION will be aiming to make it three wins from three Premier League games when they take on Stoke City at the Hawthorns this Sunday (ko 1.30pm).
Stoke have recorded one win and one loss from their two Premier League games so far. Following a narrow opening day defeat to Everton, Mark Hughes’ men beat Arsenal 1-0 last weekend thanks to new signing Jese Rodriguez’s debut goal.
Rodriguez has been brought in alongside the likes of Bruno Martins Indi, Darren Fletcher and Kurt Zouma to help the Potters push on from their 13th placed finish last season.
Last time out
An early James Morrison strike was enough to see off Stoke in a narrow 1-0 win at the Hawthorns back in February.
In the reverse fixture the previous September, it took an injury-time header from Salomon Rondon to cancel out Joe Allen’s earlier goal and earn the Baggies a point.
Tony Pulis celebrates at the Bet365 Stadium last season
- Back-to-back 1-0 wins has seen the Baggies gain maximum points from their opening two games for the first time in the Premier League.
- Tony Pulis is undefeated against Stoke as the Albion Head Coach, winning four and drawing one of his five games so far.
- Craig Dawson has made the most Premier League interceptions this season (nine).
- The Potters' 13th placed finish last campaign was their lowest since the 2012/13 season, when they also finished 13th before going on to record three consecutive ninth placed finishes.
- The 2017/18 campaign is Stoke's 10th consective season in the top flight.
- Stoke have the highest amount of Champions League winners in their squad in the Premier League (five).
From the archive
Here’s the story of our last meeting with Stoke.
Head to head
The overall head to head record doesn’t make great reading for Baggies fans, with Stoke winning 59 and Albion winning 46 of the 141 matches between the sides.
Tickets are now on sale and are priced at £30 adults, £24 seniors (60+), £20 full-time students/young adults (22 and under) and £12 juniors (under-17s).
Under-11s with a Baggie Bird’s Brigade membership can get their hands on a ticket for just £7 when selecting seats in the West Stand Family Area and accompanied by a full paying adult.
Tickets can be purchased online, in person from the East Stand Ticket Office or by calling 0121 227 2227.
Follow the game
Comprehensive coverage of the clash with The Potters is available in our new Match Centre, where you can listen to free live commentary on WBA Radio or follow our live text feed.
WBA Radio is the only service that allows Baggies fans around the world - from Smethwick to the Sahara - access to uninterrupted live commentaries from every one of our competitive games. Join Gez Mulholland and Dave Bowler for Baggies-biased live commentary on Sunday.
You can find score updates on the club's social media channels.
Twitter - @WBA
Facebook - West Bromwich Albion
Instagram - wba