Your guide to our record signing
THINK you know about our new record signing. Let us tell you some more...
* José Salomón Rondón Giménez – he answers to either Jose or Salomon - came into the world on September 16, 1989 in his nation’s capital Caracas while English football fans were listening to Black Box’s No.1 smash “Ride on Time” before kick offs.
* He’s big in South America – Salomon is shortlisted alongside Sergio Aguero and Edinson Cavani to appear on the front cover of that continent’s version of FIFA 16.
* Speaking of the FIFA game, for the 2015 version our new man has some pretty impressive stats: 91 Beast Rating (out of 100), 91 Strength, 83 Finishing, 81 Sprint Speed.
* His native tongue is Spanish and while he understands English he is nervous to speak it at the moment. "Give him a few weeks," his aides tell us.
* Salomon made his senior debut as a 17-year-old with Aragua FC in the Venezuelan Primera who had just made a controversial change to red and yellow striped colours from their traditional...blue and white stripes.
* Among his admirers is Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini who was his coach at Malaga where he eventually gave Salomon the nod over a certain Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
* He has been previously been linked with a move to England – Liverpool this summer, while three years ago there were rumours of a £20million bid from Arsenal.
* He has an international record of one in three with 13 goals from 39 caps for Venezuela.
* He is only the second Venezuelan to play in the Premier League. The first? Fernando Amorebieta who joined Fulham in 2013.
* There’s a five minute highlights reel available on YouTube. It should whet the appetite for Baggies fans.
And don't forget to check out our own exclusive video interview, coming very soon....