ALBION will be looking to extend their perfect start to the season at Accrington Stanley on Tuesday in the Carabao Cup second round (ko 7.45pm).
So, who are they? Accrington ply their trade in SkyBet League Two and finished 13th in the table last season under manager John Coleman.
They were reformed in 1968 following Accrington’s resignation from the Football League due to financial difficulties six years earlier, and finally made it back into the top four tiers of English football again in 2006 after winning the National League title.
Despite getting into the play offs a handful of times in the last decade, “the Club that wouldn’t die” have been in League Two ever since.
- Stanley recorded an impressive 3-2 win over Championship side Preston North End in the first round thanks to a 93rd minute Billy Kee strike.
- Accrington reached the third round of the Carabao Cup for the first time in their history last season as they overcame Burnley in the second round before narrowly losing 1-0 to West Ham.
- They have won two out of their first three League Two matches and currently sit 6th in the table.
- The Baggies have won this competition once before in 1966, and have also been runners up on two occasions (1967 and 1970).
- Albion have only gone out in the second round twice in the last decade, losing to Northampton at this stage last season and going down 4-1 at Hartlepool back in the 2008/09 campaign.
- We have been involved in a penalty shootout in all of the last four seasons, losing to Arsenal in the third round in 2013/14, overcoming Oxford in the second round in 2014/15, beating Port Vale in the second round in 2015/16 and going out to Northampton in the second round last campaign.
This will be the first ever meeting between Accrington Stanley and Albion.
Round Three Draw
Should Albion progress to Round Three, the draw will take place in Shanghai at 4.15am BST.
Tickets for the game can be purchased at the ticket office adjacent to the away turnstiles and are priced £20 adults, £15 concessions, £15 over-64s, £15 students & £5 under-12s and are on general sale now.
Coaches are priced £15 per person, and Baggies Travel departs Kidderminster at 2.30pm, Stourbridge & Lye at 2.45pm and The Hawthorns at 3.30pm.
Follow the game
WBA Radio is the only service that allows Baggies fans around the world - from Smethwick to the Sahara - access to uninterrupted live commentaries from every one of our competitive games. Join Gez Mulholland and Dave Bowler for Baggies-biased live commentary on Tuesday.
You can find score updates on the club's social media channels.
Twitter - @WBA
Facebook - West Bromwich Albion
Instagram - wba