West Bromwich Albion’s Supporter Code of Conduct
YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO FOLLOW THIS CODE AT ALL TIMES. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF YOUR SOCIAL BUBBLE OR ANY "WEST BROMWICH ALBION FRIENDS & FAMILY" THAT FORM PART OF YOUR TICKET ALLOCATION, PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ALSO READ THIS CODE OF CONDUCT AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH IT.
THIS CODE IS DESIGNED TO HELP CREATE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE ENVIRONMENT AND TO PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FELLOW SUPPORTERS. TO ASSIST OUR STAFF PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO KNOW WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THIS CODE, YOU MAY BE DENIED ENTRY OR ASKED TO LEAVE THE STADIUM.
Before purchasing a ticket, and again before attending a match, you must decide whether it is appropriate for you to attend the match, including careful consideration of associated risks and your vulnerability status. This will include consideration based on your own personal circumstances (including your age, group size and make up, health status and susceptibility to infection).
West Bromwich Albion cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if based on your own health status and/or that of those in your family and/or household and/or support bubble, you feel uncomfortable with the risk, you should not attend a Match. The club’s COVID-19 policy can be viewed here
You MUST NOT attend if:
- you or anyone else you are attending with has any COVID-19 symptoms and/or is required to self-isolate
- you live in an area where there is a local lockdown in place and/or other COVID-19 restrictions are in place which mean you cannot or should not attend. (e.g. travel restrictions between tiers)
Until further notice, tickets will be available for purchase by, and entry to the stadium will be granted to, Home Supporters only.
- your temperature may be taken before entry into the ground
- as a condition of purchasing or being allocated a ticket, you must provide your contact details (and those of every other member of your party) to support and assist NHS Test and Trace. You (or the other members of your party) MUST NOT attend the match if we do not have these details and you must inform the Club if, at any point prior to Stadium entry, your details change. This information will be kept securely for 21 days before disposal.
- Bring a face-covering, which must be worn at all times on entry to, exit from and in all areas inside the stadium grounds (unless you are exempt in line with Government guidance). This includes while seated in the stadium bowl, within concourses, corporate suites, queues and toilets. Face coverings may be removed temporarily while eating/drinking. Where possible, it is advised to bring a spare.
- Plan your journey in advance to arrive in good time to go through all the necessary entry procedures. Further details on available car parks or links to public transport will be sent to you if you are successful in attaining a ticket
- Please wear a face covering if using public transport to make your way to and from the Stadium
- Make sure you know in advance where your entry point is, and if any entry time is specified on your ticket, be there on time. You may be required to wait if you miss your allotted time.
- Bring photo ID for those age 16+ as you may be required to prove you are the named ticket holder to gain entry to the stadium.
- Observe social distancing and avoid close contact with anyone who is not in your social bubble
- Supervise any children attending with you and ensure that they and others attending with you comply with social distancing and this Supporter Code of Conduct at all times.
- Be respectful to others in your vicinity taking a responsible approach at all times, avoiding excessive shouting/singing/celebrations as that increases the risk of transmission of COVID-19. You should avoid hugs, high-fives and any close contact with people who are not within your social bubble.
- Follow good hygiene practices at all times, including:
- washing or sanitising your hands regularly, using the hand sanitiser dispensers provided - supporters are also encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser in plastic bottles no larger than 50ml;
- avoiding touching your face or other commonly touched surfaces such as handles and railings wherever possible;
- ensuring your mouth and nose is covered if you need to cough or sneeze, using your face covering, a tissue and/or the crook of your elbow as appropriate. Tissues should be disposed of carefully and safely and you should ensure you wash or sanitise your hands appropriately.
- Stay within your social bubble and remain aware of the movements of others at all times.
- Only sit in the seat with the seat number that matches that on your ticket and remain in your seat whenever possible.
- Wait for a time when the gangway is clear before leaving your seat and always follow the signs indicating which way to go.
- Avoid face-to-face contact with other Supporters when moving to and from your seat – for example by turning your back as you pass.
- When using the Stadium’s amenities, such as toilets, food and drink outlets, or concessions, avoid queues wherever possible by checking to see if any of them are not in use. Where this is not possible, you must follow social distancing guidelines.
- During the period of limited spectators, you are permitted to bring your own food and drink into the stadium, however please bring any items in a clear plastic bag only. Please note that alcohol, glass or cans remain prohibited items.
- Be aware that all payments inside the ground are contactless.
- Comply with all other relevant guidance and rules related to COVID-19 protection and social distancing, including those of the government and public health authorities.
- Follow any instructions or requests given to you by stewards or other Stadium staff to ensure that the Stadium is carefully managed for everyone’s safety.
You MUST NOT:
- Attend the Stadium if you have any COVID-19 Symptoms (a temperature of 37.8 degrees or above, a new continuous cough, a loss of sense of taste/smell or any other symptoms officially recognised as being symptoms of COVID-19)
- Attend the match if we do not have your contact details for NHS track and trace purposes.
- Gather outside of the Stadium before or after the match in a way that breaches social distancing rules.
- Engage in any conduct that is intended to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person or any conduct that can be reasonably construed to be intending to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person. If you do, you will be ejected from the Stadium, the Police will be contacted and you will be subject to the Club’s sanction tariff including but not limited to a lifetime ban.
If you feel ill or develop any COVID-19 symptoms while at the match please contact your nearest steward who will direct you to the appropriate medical facility.
All other terms and conditions and Ground Regulations will continue to apply and must be complied with.
Thank you for your support. Stay alert. Stay safe.