Equality Advisor Group
Voluntary Fixed Term January to December 2018
West Bromwich Albion F.C. is a well-established professional Premier League football club with a proud heritage of being at the forefront of inclusion, equality and diversity. The Club is looking to recruit new members to form the Club’s first Equality Advisory Group (EAG). We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic members of the local community who can provide strategic and expert advice, support and guidance to the Club in the area of inclusion, equality and diversity.
As an advisor and member of the EAG you will provide strategic, expert and impartial support, advice and guidance to the Club on the implementation of the Club’s Equality Action Plan. Reporting to the Club’s Board of Directors you will be expected to attend quarterly meetings to:
- Provide guidance to ensure the Club’s commitment to inclusion, equality and diversity is embedded throughout the organisation.
- Provide advice to the Club on engaging with under-represented groups.
- Review and challenge the work of the Club, how it impacts on different communities and how this is linked to the Club’s planning cycle.
- Support the Club’s work towards achieving the Premier League’s Advanced Equality Standard through the implementation of the Club’s Equality and Diversity Action Plan.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve diversity and inclusion against the protected characteristics and the other areas of focus e.g. socio-economic status, or other area of inclusion.
Key Skills and Experience
- Has worked in local business, charity, community or voluntary groups.
- Has experience in affecting positive change in the area of Inclusion, Equality and Diversity.
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of protected characteristics as defined in the Equality Act 2010.
This is a voluntary role but expenses to attend 4 quarterly meetings per year will be covered by the Club.
Applicants should apply in writing to Jane Taylor-Kane, West Bromwich Albion FC, 430 Birmingham Road, Walsall, WS5 3LQ or by email: Jane.Taylor-Kane@wbafc.co.uk.
Closing Date: 31st December 2017