2019/20 Matchday Stewards
West Bromwich Albion F.C. is recruiting for casual match day stewards
The role on offer is fast paced and exciting. You will be responsible for meeting and greeting, checking tickets or searching guests at The Hawthorns Stadium depending on your level of experience and specific role (Turnstile Operator, Steward, Licensed steward). You will have the opportunity to impact a fans experience and create a memory filled day at The Albion.
The role and responsibilities will include:
- Commit to and attend all fixtures as well as Cup games as required.
- Be responsible for the safe access and comfort of spectators visiting the stadium
- Identify and report any incident, occurrence or hazard among spectators and report to a supervisor
- Ensure that WBAFC standards are upheld by being the first line of contact with guests and provide a welcoming environment to provide the best experience and visit at The Hawthorns Stadium.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Are friendly and happy to help all fans
- Have a professional overall appearance
- Be able to stand for 6 hours and deal with incidents in the stands
- Excellent communication skills and be fluent in English.
- Be able to handle situations calmly and insightfully
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be polite and courteous
Our match days are typically on Saturdays with some weekday, evening and Sunday matches. You will receive full training and be working towards an NVQ Level 2 qualification in Spectator Safety.
WBAFC welcomes applications from both male and female applicants.
You don’t need to have experience of a similar role but will need to demonstrate the attributes that we are looking for in our match day stewards.
Please download the application here and return to address below by the deadline of 31st October 2019.
Applications should be returned to Jon Thursfield or Steve Poppitt, Match Day Operations, WBAFC, The Hawthorns, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B71 4LF or emailed firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 6th November 2019. Due to the high volume of applicants if you have no response within 10 days then unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion