Main switchboard: 0871 271 1100
Current capacity: 26,688
Opened: September 3, 1900
All-time record attendance: 64,815 v Arsenal, FA Cup Sixth Round, March 6, 1937
All-seated record attendance: 27,751 v Portsmouth, Premier League, May 15, 2005
Pitch dimensions: 105 x 68 metres
Altitude: 551 feet (168m)
The West Stand, or Halfords Lane as it is informally known, is the oldest surviving stand at The Hawthorns, but has been redeveloped on several occasions since it was opened in 1981. It is also the smallest stand at The Hawthorns but includes the Board Room, executive suites and the Club’s media facilities. The players’ dressing rooms are housed in West Stand.
Birmingham Road End
The ‘Brummie Road End’, as it is affectionately known by supporters, runs behind the goal at the north end of the pitch. It held almost 14,000 standing supporters before it was rebuilt as an all-seated stand in 1994. It includes the Woodman Corner, named after The Woodman pub, which stood just behind it until its demolition in 2004. The Woodman Corner is home to the Club’s mascot, a large throstle, which was originally perched above the old (terraced) Woodman corner, but was housed in the West Stand for much of the 1990s.
The Smethwick End runs behind the goal at the south end of the pitch. Accommodating visiting supporters in half of the stand, the remainder houses the most vocal of the home support. This includes the Club's drummer and designated singing section - 'The Bomber Squad'. Development in the summer of 2014, which saw extra seats added to the Smethwick, increased stadium capacity to 26,850.
Replacing the Rainbow Stand - so named for its brightly coloured seats - the East Stand is now home to the Club's administration offices, retail store, ticket office and hospitality suites. Made up of standing accommodation in the lower section and seating in the upper section until a refurbishment in 1977, the Rainbow Stand was eventually demolished in 2000 and replaced with the new-and-improved East Stand.