CRISTIAN Gamboa signed for Albion in summer 2014 following an impressive World Cup with Costa Rica.
* The right-back joined Albion for an undisclosed fee from Norwegian side Rosenberg, with the player signing a deal which commits him to the Hawthorns until 2017.
* Gamboa started his career in his homeland with Municipal Liberia, winning his native league title in 2009, before moving to Norway in 2010 to sign for Fredrikstad.
* After just one season he was snapped up by FC Copenhagen, for whom he tasted Europa League football in 2011/12 and helped lift the Danish Cup.
* In the summer of 2012, Gamboa returned to Norway to link up with Rosenborg on loan, earning a permanent deal in November that year.
* Internationally, Gamboa was part of the Costa Rica team that finished in fourth place at the 2009 Under-20 World Cup, before making his senior international debut against Argentina in 2010.
* Gamboa started all five of Costa Rica’s 2014 World Cup matches as the Central American side topped Group D and progressed to the quarter-finals, eventually losing out to the Netherlands in a penalty shoot-out.
* Signed during Alan Irvine's spell, Gamboa has struggled to nail down a regular place in Albion's starting XI.
* He was part of Costa Rica's 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup squad.
* Gamboa made just one Premier League appearance during 2014/15, coming off the bench a further nine times.