UPDATED 07:54 3rd August 2012
CLAUDIO Yacob has become a cult hero among Albion fans since signing for the Club in July 2012.
* The Argentinian is committed to Albion until summer 2017.
* Yacob arrived as a free agent after leaving Argentine Primera Division side Racing Club de Avellaneda at the end of the 2011/12. He had been their captain for the previous four seasons.
* He swiftly became a firm fans’ favourite for his tenacious performances and passing ability.
* Yacob produced some of his best football following the appointment of Tony Pulis, with the midfielder extending his stay at The Hawthorns by another two years in the summer of 2015.
* The player, who wears the No.5 shirt associated with Argentine holding midfielders, has two senior caps to his name.
* By the end of the 2015/16 season, he had made 123 appearances for Albion. His only goal came in the 1-1 draw with Arsenal in October 2013.