UPDATED 07:54 3rd August 2012
CLAUDIO Yacob has become a cult hero among Albion fans since signing for the Club in July 2012.
* The Argentina international is committed to Albion until summer 2017.
* Yacob arrived as a free agent after leaving Argentine Primera Division side Racing Club de Avellaneda at the end of the 2011/12. He had been their captain for the previous four seasons.
* He swiftly became a firm fans’ favourite for his tenacious performances and passing ability.
* Yacob produced some of his best football following the appointment of Tony Pulis, with the midfielder extending his stay at The Hawthorns at the end of the season.
* The player, who wears the No.5 shirt associated with Argentine holding midfielders, has two senior caps to his name.
* By the end of May 2015 he had made 85 appearances for Albion. His only goal came in the 1-1 draw with Arsenal in October 2013.