West Bromwich Albion is a well established professional football club, which will embark on a fourth consecutive season in the Premier League in 2013/14. Due to the Club becoming further entrenched in the Premier League, the ever increasing demands of providing an appropriately strong match day experience at the pinnacle of the game, and in order to keep pace with the Club's ambitions for the years ahead, West Bromwich Albion is continually looking to evolve and improve our concourse offering as a vital component of creating future growth for the club, both on and off the field.
Reporting to the Head of Catering Operations you will be responsible for the day-to-day catering operations of the concourse units. The post holder must ensure that standards are maintained and customer satisfaction is exceeded and maintained all times through effective management and organisation whilst working within budgetary requirements.
The post holder will also play an active role in the sourcing and negotiation of products and services with suppliers with the full support of the Football Club.
The position requires the individual to actively manage the front and back of house for the concourse division to enable delivery of all non match and match day concourse sales within the Football Club.
The role requires strategic planning and implementation staff development and training programmes; this will be underpinned by identifying wants and needs for personnel in the operation. The post holder will ensure that they work in-conjunction with the Head of Catering Operations to plan, deliver and implement the Club’s standards of performance for this area.
• Identify and deliver new ways of working to the Football Club
• Ensure that the concourse catering department remains within its expenditure budget set for the financial year
• Ensure that all purchases are subject to a three quote policy (for purchases over £500)
• To be the and primary point of contact for concourse catering and be responsible for retaining working relationships
• To act as an Ambassador for the Football Club in terms of all front and back of house concourse catering activity conducted
• Actively increase the profile of the Football Club in both the local regions and nationally
• Ensure that the Concourse Catering Department abides by all Health & Safety laws in conjunction with the Head Chef
• Ensure that the front of house operation (Wet & Dry Sales) delivers the set GP target at every stock taking
• Line management of the Catering front of house staff by leading, motivating, developing, mentoring and training, to ensure performance is monitored and targets are delivered
• To improve and manage the relationship with the Executive Catering Team and other operational Teams to develop business and ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
• Monitor spend levels and staff rotas
• To monitor customer satisfaction by completing a feedback programme in-conjunction with the sales Departments
• To ensure customers and staff are dealt with in a friendly manner
• To assist with the development of staff and encourage good team working and maximise motivation
• Keep abreast of movements in the catering and concourse catering industries
• Other duties as required. The scope of these duties may be extended as dictated by the changing requirements of the Department and the Organisation, and therefore, the role may require additional ad-hoc duties as reasonably required
Applicants should apply to Mr. Adrian Wright, Sales & Marketing Director, West Bromwich Albion F.C, The Hawthorns, West Bromwich, West Midlands B71 4FL, or email email@example.com
Closing Date: June 21, 2013.